|2008-02-22||Posted By: Chad Auld
mYUI Compressor v1.1 Released
Upgraded to YUI Compressor v2.3.5 from v2.2.5 so the change noted below are all related to work done by Julien Lecomte to the actual compressor.
+ Added a warning when more than one 'var' statement is used in a single scope. Automatic coalescence is extremely complicated, and would be unsafe if not done properly.
+ Expanded the list of reserved words used by isValidIdentifier()
+ C-style comments starting with /*! are preserved. This is especially useful with comments containing copyright/license information.
+ Compressing an empty JS file throws an error [SourceForge bug #1884207]
+ When a string is the first token in a function body, it was removed from the compressed file [SourceForge bug #1884314]
+ Added test against list of reserved words in method isValidIdentifier.
+ Removed all System.exit() statements. Throw exceptions instead. This is especially useful when running the compressor from within a J2EE container.
[SourceForge bug #1834750]
+ Transform obj["foo"] into obj.foo whenever possible, saving 3 bytes.
+ Transform 'foo': ... into foo: ... whenever possible, saving 2 bytes.
+ Added support for multi-line string literals [SourceForge bug #1871453]
+ Added support for unescaped slashes inside character classes in regexp.
+ Minor performance improvements.
+ Preserve the escaping for an octal representation of a character in string literals [SourceForge bug #1844894]
+ CSS: Preserve comments that hide CSS rules from IE Mac
+ CSS: Added support for box model hack
|2007-12-13||Posted By: Chad Auld
yRte and yCssTemplate Update Released
Following on the heels of the recent Yahoo! YUI v2.4.0 release mYui has two related updates.
* Updated editor internals to YUI v2.4.0. This includes a good many performance enhancements and bug fixes (full changelog here - http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/build/editor/README).
* I also put a screenshot of the editor here - http://opensourcepenguin.net/images/stories/yRte_Screenshot.png
* Updated reset-fonts-grids.css to YUI v2.4.0
* Made a few minor CSS changes to the template to make it play nicer with Mambo 4.7's sample data
|2007-11-17||Posted By: Chad Auld
mYui Compressor - Initial Release
Note: This script is being run against Mambo 4.6.3+ official builds by default. No need to run it against future Mambo release builds you have downloaded unless you want to point it at a directory structure added after the fact (ex)
a core component installed into Mambo Lite.
Are there risks?:
This is only tested against the Mambo core and related core extensions. 3rd party plugins have not been tested. However, it is bashed on the YUI Compressor which was written as a general purpose compression utility so it should be pretty safe. Have a look here to understand what this script does - http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/compressor/#work.
Use at your own risk and keep a backup to minimize your risk.
How do use it?
Refer to the README file in the download.
* This is a *nix shell script so you'll need a unix like system capable of executing the script (ex) Linux, Unix, FreeBSD, etc
* A web directory you want compressed
* The YUI Compressor requires Java versions >= 1.4
Can this be used for non-Mambo related projects?
I wrote this shell script for the official Mambo build process, but it can really be used on any web tree you would like to have the YUI Compressor ran against. Of course use at your own risk.
|2007-11-05||Posted By: Chad Auld
yCssTemplate V1.1 Released
* Changing the doctype back to XHTML 1.1. The YUI recommendation is HTML 4 strict, but this template was build for Mambo 4.7 which outputs valid XHTML content so to best take advantage of that I am changing the doctype.
* Formatting and heavily commenting the index.php file so the YUI Grid system is easier to understand for newbies.
* Updating the CSS file to give more background on YUI and to bring the template CSS settings more in line with the YUI recommendations (ex) font-size %'s.
|2007-10-27||Posted By: Chad Auld
mYUI - Initial Releases
The first versions of yRte and yCssTemplate have been released. yRte is an implementation of the Yahoo! YUI Rich Text Editor for Mambo. yCssTemplate is a Mambo template based on the YUI CSS libraries and YUI Grids.
Web Hosting provided by Network Redux.