Modules are used to display
information items or interactive features on select pages
of a Mambo Site. The main characteristic is to be assigned
to pre-established positions by way of module position holders
placed in the code of the template. Though Modules can be
positioned anywhere, they are typically located in side columns
or at the extreme top or bottom of pages. Examples of modules
include: Menus, Login Forum, and the Mambo Search form.
Simple HTML Modules can be created directly from the Module
Manager; more Modules have to be
The Module Manager displays the installed modules. You can manage them by clicking on the appropriate icon in the Tool Bar.
- Module Name: This lists the names of
the Modules currently installed. Click the name to edit
any of the Modules.
- Published: This shows whether the Module is
published or unpublished. Click on the icon if you wish
to toggle its state.
- Reorder: Click the arrow icons
to move the item up or down in the list. This changes
the order relative to other Modules in the same position.
- Order: This shows the order of Modules in
relation to other Modules in the same position. Type the
new numbers in the order that you wish your Modules
to appear. You can change the order any two or more
Modules at the same time. Click
the "Save Order" icon next to the Column Heading "Order."
- Access: Defines which classes of user
have access to the Module.
- Position: Assigns the Module to a particular
Module position holder.
- Pages: Assigns the Module to one or
- ID: System generated ID number for the
- Type: The name of the Module's file
in the Mambo Modules directory.